Monday, January 5, 2009

Sewing lessons

Ever since I started sewing all the aprons in december McKayla has been begging me to teach her how to sew and I would keep telling her later. Well today she asked again and so I told her yes. She was so happy. Here are some pictures of the fun project. We started simple and taught her how to make a bag. We cut it out and then with a little guidance she sewed it together. She did a good job and with a little practice she will be great.

Slowly feeding it through the machine. Watch your fingers!

She was so focused during this process and if you know Kayla that takes alot to sit that still and focus.
Fashion DIVA!!
Check it out!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice Job Kayla!! That looks like a great bag to put all of your piano books in;)

Hope you guys are having fun in the snow!

Horsley News said...

I'm so proud of that smart little angel. She is such a treasure.
love you both so much
Grandma
Susan

The Hurst Family said...

Way to go McKayla! You sew better than I do. Love aunt RaeAnn

Amberly said...

oh cute! thats so awesome kayla! you rock my friend!

Janice {Run Far} said...

very cute. I can't even sew. You are so smart, and when Taylor read this, she told me she wanted to learn to sew too. So maybe this summer when we are there visiting your mom can teach her. I don't own a sewing machine.

James Yvonne and Elise said...

That is so neat. I wish I would have watched my mom a little more and learned how to sew like her. You are very talented and that is wonderful you can pass that on to Mckayla!

Nielsen clique said...

Awesome, your going to have a little helper for your apron buisness pretty soon, p.s. do you remember Charmain probst? I found her and have a link on my blog

Taralyn said...

that's awesome! i don't think i could do that well :)

Weight Family said...

Wanna teach me?

bcbaldwins said...

MaKayla, do you want to make me one? I am very proud of you for being so persistent. We love you!
Grandma Baldwin