Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Short trip to St. George

Snow Canyon 1/2 marathon November 8, 2008
Brian and I before the race!Snow Canyon was a pretty race.
I was feeling pretty good this was about mile 5 or 6
The weather was perfect about 50 degrees. Getting a little more tired this was about mile 9 or 10 The kids and Todd and Jenny went swimming Sat. afternoon

My family and I and my sister (Jenny Cox) and her family went down to St. George on Friday night. Brian (my brother-n-law) and I ran the snow canyon 1/2 marathon on Saturday. It was brutal. It was mostly down hill with a fair share of uphill but the downhill was brutal on my legs. They were so sore on Sunday I could hardly walk. It was hard but also my fastest race to date. I got 2 hours and 2 minutes and 32 seconds. It was my 3rd 1/2 and counting. My next one is in 2 months. It was Brians 1st and he did great he got 1 hour and 50 minutes. After going back to the condo and showering then pack back up Todd and I and the kids drove the 4 hours back home. It was a quick trip I wish we could have stayed longer but the kids had their primary program in sacrament the next day.

6 comments:

Tori and Steve said...

Wow, you got busy posting just as soon as you got home! Way to go on the marathon by the way! I am so impressed! Seriously, that is an awesome accomplishment!

Janice {Run Far} said...

You are my Hero... I love you and miss you, see you in two weeks

Lydia said...

Way to go Fannie and Brain. You guys rock.

Sarah said...

There's nothin' like heading down south when the weather is crummy here!

Way to rock the 1/2!!

Becky said...

Way to go! You did so awesome! I'm missing running at the moment! :)

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Great job on your 1/2 marathon. Can't wait to see you guys in 3 weeks!!!