Saturday, August 30, 2008

Painting project

I took on a big project once the kids went back to school. I've painted the whole entire upstairs a dark tan. It looks so good and I'm happy with how it turned out. It was worth all the hours. I basically only did it when Cambree was sleeping so it has taken me a long time.
This is the living room. We got a piano from my sister and so we moved the couches downstairs where the apartment used to be and now the kids have a place to crash with friends and watch t.v.This is a shot in the kitchen.
Before I painted
After! Look how it makes the molding just POP!!! I love it.
Family room. Not a very good picture doesn't really show the contrast but it looks alot better than it did.


12 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am so glad you posted some pictures. Who knows when I will get to see it in person. Miss ya

Tori and Steve said...

Way to go! That's a huge task! I love to paint, the room feels so clean and fresh and it's amazing what a coat of paint can do to change a room. Can't wait to see it!

sheaandhollycarpenter said...

It looks really good. Rest up so in a few weeks you can come help me.(jk)
I need to walk down and see it in person. Maybe Monday since I have the day off.

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Nice work!! It looks great. We love the picture of Todd chillin on the couch. Miss you!

Horsley News said...

It really does look good. I've seen it.
MOM

Amberly said...

that looks great! can't wait to come over and see it!

Horsley News said...

Wow, Looks great. can't wait to see it for reals. Have you registered for the race yet? Our school is sending home registration forms this week. If you don't get one from them, let me know and I'll make you a copy. RaeAnn

Sarah said...

Looks so good, NICE WORK!!

Horsley News said...

Oh what a paint job can do. I love how it makes the house look with a fresh coat of paint. It makes me want to finish painting my house.
The piano looks great. Hope your kids are doing lots of practicing.

Can't wait to see you on Saturday.

Jenn

bcbaldwins said...

You really went to town with all that painting. It looks great! I ned you to come and do my apartment. Love, Janine

bcbaldwins said...

You really went to town with all that painting. It looks great! I ned you to come and do my apartment. Love, Janine

Christie Moak said...

How cute!! I had no idea you were painting!! I'll have to come over sometime to see.